The information contained in this site is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.
You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in this site without seeking legal or other professional advice. The contents of this site contain general information and may not reflect current legal developments or address your situation. We disclaim all liability for actions you take or fail to take based on any content on this site.
This site contains links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites, and we do not endorse such sites.
Copyright and Reproduction Notice
1. Thomson & Bancks Solicitors is the trading name of Thomson & Bancks LLP which is a registered Data Controller with registration number Z5334234, registered at 37 High Street, Pershore, Worcestershire WR10 1AH. Paul Johnson is the Data Protection Director and Partner responsible for data protection matters.
2. This is notice to you that Thomson & Bancks Solicitors will be handling the data you have provided to us and all further and subsequent data received from you, your advisers, third parties, financial institutions and government bodies, for the purpose of carrying out your instructions and doing work for you on the legal and professional matters for which you have engaged Thomson & Bancks as Solicitors.
3. The data that will be collected and used will include whatever personal information is received and this can include matters relating to your integrity, your health, your banking and financial matters, your family and children, civil and criminal legal matters and anything necessary to deliver our services as Solicitors within the law.
4. Thomson & Bancks will gather, process and retain data in accordance with the attached Data and File Retention Policies.
5. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us keeping and processing your personal data but should be aware that the withdrawal of your consent may make it impossible for us to continue as Solicitors and there may be consequences for any transaction or legal case in which you are participating. It is important that you raise concerns to redefine the limits of your consent.
6. Our conduct of your affairs is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. This extends to the protection of personal data. We do not conduct automated processing of data collected remotely, but in order to assist us in verification of identity and insolvency, we will use electronic means to make checks as to your identity and any history of insolvency.
7. We have no expectation of sending any data outside of the United Kingdom for our purposes or conducting the business of Thomson & Bancks in a foreign jurisdiction, but on your instructions, we will send your personal data to other people, businesses and banks who may be wholly or partly overseas.
8. It is not possible for Thomson & Bancks to know whether the third parties and financial institutions with whom you wish to communicate or transact are honest and will guarantee the protection of your data. As Solicitors, we shall conduct ourselves professionally but cannot eliminate all risks of cyber crime, identity theft or theft of your personal data by third parties or systems that are not in the direct control and management of Thomson & Bancks. We act on your instructions but at your risk.
9. For data security, the computer servers of Thomson & Bancks are located off-site, but in England, where they are managed by an IT provider, contracted with Thomson & Bancks to maintain appropriate levels of security and to make back-ups of data. The data held is accessed by the partners and staff of Thomson & Bancks, on line, in the proper conduct of your matters.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us for a free, no obligation enquiry.